Preparing your skin properly before a microshading appointment can help ensure that the treatment goes smoothly and that your skin heals well afterwards. Here are some steps you can take to prep your skin:
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds, and spray tans for at least 2 weeks before the appointment. Sun exposure can damage your skin and cause it to become more sensitive.
- Avoid Exfoliating Treatments: Avoid any exfoliating treatments, such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or laser resurfacing, for at least 2 weeks before the appointment. Exfoliating treatments can cause your skin to become more sensitive.
- Avoid Blood Thinners: Avoid taking any blood thinners, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or fish oil, for at least 24 hours before the appointment. Blood thinners can increase the risk of bleeding during the microshading procedure.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: Avoid consuming alcohol and caffeine for at least 24 hours before the appointment. Both alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate your skin, which can make the treatment more uncomfortable.
- Keep Your Skin Clean: Make sure to wash your face thoroughly before the appointment to remove any dirt or oil that may be on your skin. However, do not apply any moisturizer, makeup or any other products on the day of the appointment as it may interfere with the microshading process.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your skin is in the best possible condition for your microshading appointment, and increase the chances of a successful and smooth process.
We look forward to seeing you. Follow link to make appointment https://thebrowsandbeautybarnyc.com/reserve appointment